My flour did not arrive in the post, so I've fed my Starters and prepared The Bikkie as if we definitely had enough bread [two loaves only in the freezer makes me a smidge nervous] and hoping it arrives before next Friday, because the only flour I have left are skerricks. I may have to make an expedition to get some organic flour elsewhere.
Time will tell.
Today, Mayhem is out to the place made to help him so he can gain some employment and regular income. Apparently, the commissions he's been getting have paid for his phone charges, but he's realised that "regular and reliable" are more important than "just for now". Yay?
With a wage, he can also get pro lessons and get his driving license at last. Which means that he'll have total freedom to go wherever, do whatever, and spend on whatever. Except, you know, the old capitalist trap of working for the wages and paying the bills.
In the headlines:
- Terror attacks in France include a woman being beheaded in a church
- New economic figures allegedly make the Muppet look good
- Two 14YOs vanish from their homes in Sydney
- Biden makes a play for a Repugnican stronghold state
- Vegan cafe in Sydney declares itself a "safe space" for fans of the Muppet, cops backlash
- China starts spreading lies about Australia in a possible attempt to tank our tourism industry
- One writer says the Muppet will win regardless
- Votes by mail going missing is more likely than voter fraud by mail
- 14YO Russian girl too scared to reveal pregnancy left her baby in a freezer to die
- Family attempted to cross the English Channel, boat overturned and they're all presumed dead
- Failed businessman's trophy home is a white elephant the bank can't get rid of
- Woman orders batteries from Woolies, gets a loaf of bread [that she's allergic to] and gets snarky about it on TikTok
- English woman receives random act of kindness in the form of food for her family
- Key documents in the quarantine hotel inquiry are still "missing"
- The baby that started the Qatar controversy still raging to this day was apparently alive when found
- Drunk driver in QLD found with kids riding without seatbelts, one in the boot
- Fight to save sacred trees in Victoria now goes to court. AFTER one of the sacred trees has already been felled
- Tennis ball hail hammered Toowoomba, more to come this Summer
There's a thick fog this morning, so we're going to get snorter heat and maybe a big thunderstorm tonight.