We're back up to nine days of a plague-free Queensland. So I should, in theory, be back to writing in my novel. Right?
I dunno. I can certainly try.
When I'm done with today's Instant, I can load up that one file and my self-amusement file [which is nearly done] and see which one wins the day. I'm putting my bet on the self-amusement because I'd much rather watch a character discover acceptance on the worst day of their life than do the slow and steady progress to characters gambling their whole lives on their dearest and most impossible dreams.
Like... they're going to win it in the end, but not by the end of the first book. That's what the third book is for. More or less. It's a long and hard journey and they're definitely going to get a happily ever after, but... Going through the hard journey is taxing to write.
Especially considering the insanity running rife through the world right now.
- Two blokes from the Melbourne Suburbs attempted to flee to Queensland, using the impeccable illogic that if they go to a place with no plague then they will be safe from said plague. It's this exact "logic" that lead to plagues spreading throughout history
- One bloke makes a face mask out of silver [skewed logic: Silver has been proven to have minor health benefits when consumed in extremely small amounts. Something something tearing bacteria and virii apart because molecular somethingorother, therefore mask of silver will protect from Covid-19] so the NEXT bloke makes a mask out of gold just to flex? I don't get it, but it is a thing
- Panic buying returns and people still haven't learned about TP it seems
- Pauline "I'm not a racist butt" Hanson has called the people locked down in high-density government housing dirty foreigners who are all on drugs in a move that surprises only a very select few
- Economists are wondering how this could have happened when they were the ones pushing for Victoria to open way too early, including the astroturf campaign to protest and reopen way too early
- Oh noes this could impact the MELBOURNE CUP, the only reason people want to go to Melbourne, apparently 9_9 Just run the horses in front of empty stadiums like all the other sensible sport people ffs
- Doctors are the only people calling out for a reinvigoration of restrictions in a rare display of some motherborn firkin sense at gorram last
- In another rare display of some motherborn firkin sense, experts are watching a strain of swine flu in China like a hawk. Hooray team
- Kanye West is saying he's going to run for President. Yes, really. And hey, if a washed up reality TV star can get the office, why not a musical artist? Cue the racists raising hell, folks
Onwards to creating fiction, and I have a delivery in the mail. It may well be the headphone earpieces I ordered a little back. It's not yet time for the comic book I pre-ordered like a literal year ago.
Today's going to be some degree of fun.