It is the day of the Great Unfuckening, which promises to be expensive because I spent an ENTIRE WEEK noping out of smaller unfuckening tasks. I get what I deserve and the consequences of my inaction.
I still have to get the following:
- Heat lamp bulbs [not red coloured because OMG]
- new shoes for Miss Chaos
- new shorts from the uniform shop for same
And SOMEHOW save enough cashola to pay for the bathroom rennos because the bathroom sink is literally collapsing in on itself. [The cabinet's MDF, I said, It'll melt because all the water, I said. Don't worry about it, they said, it'll never melt in a million years. 20 Years Later, guess what firkin happened?]
Not happening this week, alas. I only have $1K to go [Powers damn it, I wish I had "only" $1K to spend however I liked. Flakk!] but it's that last bit that always hurts the most. Augh. Patient persistence.
In the news:
- Continuing back and forth in Victoria and NSW regarding easing lockdowns and restrictions versus stretching them for even longer
- No shock, crowds at the Melbourne Cup are not allowed to be at the race track
- I predict that there will be some arseholes who break in anyway and cause another wave of plague nonsense because KARENS ARE EVERYWHERE
- Many posties defend the AusPost CEO for the expenditure [all watches are worth five figures BTW] and I have to wonder if they're the people who got watches worth an ENTIRE CAR
- Tasmania is the surprise economic giant coming up golden out of the plague
- Fake Melania conspiracy arises again
- There's a waterhole in Queensland that keeps killing people who swim in it and people keep going there to swim
- Officials in Qatar allegedly found a premature infant in a bathroom [no word as to living or dead] and used this as an excuse to strip search women about to head out of there on a plane. Charming
- Global daily cases of the plague hit half a million, most of them in the USA
- Biden trolls Muppet with fake Covid Plan webpage
- Dude chucked off airplane for saying racist slurs. His cause not helped by a cardboard Burger King crown that was his fashion choice du jour
- La Nina threatens golf-ball sized hail this year. Yay. WAY past time to take climate change action
And now you know why I try to stay away from the news cycle for most of my day.
Story later, I'm farting around on the interwebs until Bus O'clock. Stay tuned to my twitter to see how many words got added to KOSBOB today.