Plague news: Two new cases, both imports. There's sixteen total active cases, fourteen of those are in hospital. Australia's at 92.5% first vax, 87% fully vaxxed. Queensland's at 86.7% first vax, 76.8% fully vaxxed.
Experts are saying the symptoms of Omicron are "milder" but that's no true guide to how bad it is. I'm calling it now. Thousands of leaders are going to dismiss the potential threat of Omicron and then learn later on in the year that Long Covid hits harder after people have already caught Omicron.
I have a cat to catch and drag to the vet's for a post-op checkup. Which may or may not cost moneys. Which I might not has.
I'll deal as I have to.
What chafes my niblets is that I haven't acquired MeMum's Crimbolio present yet. I feel like a heel about that. But... budget is budget and budget sucks. Gotta deal with what I have.
In the news:
- Slut shaming in Aus Parliament
- Cavulcade of passengers on the pedo sex plane include all kinds of ageing public figures. Including Randy Andy, the Muppet, and Bill Clinton
- Woman sues doctor for letting her be born
- China and Putin's cronies could face legal difficulties in Australia
- Cop shot a 61YO man in a wheelchair [9 times in the back] for alleged shoplifting. ACAB
- Vax mandates going global
- Someone may have found the wreckage of MH370
- Huge asteroid entering Earth's orbit in a few days
- Biggest rain in 120years
Story posting nonsense soon. Shenanigans thereafter.