Third day of the week and I can barely concentrate on the fun writing, so yeah. No book progress this week. Apparently, the conjunction of my state re-opening1 and the spikes in Victoria and New South Wales have set my noggin off into Panic Mode(tm) in which most of my energy is looking for any kind of news and then worrying about it.
God damn, this plague has got me tied in knots.
We currently have an abundance of bread, so this weeks' baking effort will involve using the harvest and that shall be it.
I have no idea what I'm doing for Wordpress today and talking about The Wall is an option. So, too, is sharing A Chapter Of...
I don't know about anything any more.
The world is ending and the only rules I have are the ones I make for myself.
In the news:
- Scotty From Marketing decided to spend a squizillion on long range rockets rather than the people in his nation because apparently we're going to be at war with China
- It's a for-want-of-a-nail thing, starting with hacker attacks and adding a dash of not-trading-because-plague and the sudden realisation that we as a nation never really needed the supply chain to include China in the first place because we could have been making everything ourselves. China is pissed off about this
- It's still a squizillion dollars on sabre rattling because only a complete numpty would go to war against a nation that has had a ready-to-go scorched earth policy since WWII
- Victoria is pissed off because opening too early has bit them in the bum
- However, they're also pissed off because they also have to close up again
- Therefore, the amelioration is to only close certain suburbs and this certainly won't blow up in anyone's faces 9_9
- US continues to break records with new cases, this time aiming to hit 100K cases per diem
- People on welfare get discounts on any fines. I have to wonder if rich arseholes will get a price hike on the same
- Obama publicly criticised the Muppet for using the term "Kung Flu"
- A father made his rapist son confess to the crime in a rare display of respecting women [finally, some good fucking news]
- Nobody knows how 31 of 75 cases in Victoria managed to catch the disease
I think I can hear my brain sizzling. Beloved is reporting for work today and tomorrow, and I can only hope they don't bring in the virus.
Let's try and make something meaningful.
Except to anyone from Victoria ↩