I accomplished two things:
- I called the mowing company and they're going to give us a quote
- I reached my protein intake goal
This is a massive hurdle as I spent some five years pre-keto training my body to run on very little indeed. Which wrought living HELL on my metabolism and may be one of the root causes of my lingering sleep issues. Y'know, alongside anxiety. And just... being fucked up.
So getting my metabolism back to some variety of a baseline is the current uphill battle in the background. Today's psychological battle is booking myself in for my flu jabs.
I hate getting stuck in the arm and would much rather not do it... but some flus are especially dangerous to asthmatics in general and chronic asthmatics in particular, so... 'tis a far, far better thing yadda yadda.
But I hate getting jabs. I wish the immunoflu was a thing... but it isn't, so I'm stuck with needles. Literally. Hardy har har har.
Today is a cleaning day, so one of my accomplishments is going to be an unfucked kitchen. Just in time for the refuckening that is going to happen over the weekend.
Beloved got me some electronic equipment to help me balance my macros, and since it's from Good Guys, I can bet money it's a new toy.
I did have some good success with a little dish I call...
- 1 Soup pot
- 1 ladle
- 1 lage-ish container for water carrying
- 1 kilo packet of cheap-ish Marinara mix
- 500g of cheap-ish prawns
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1/2 handful of salt or less
- 1 handful bacon bits
- Small amount of favoured veg, cut into bite-sized bits
- Herbs and spices to taste
- water to fill
- Boil all the seafood in salty water until cooked
- Add coconut cream and stir in well
- Add herbs, spices, and other veggies
- Cook on high until it's all done
Supposedly serves eight.
Since my household of nerds doesn't trust weird seafoodish things, I have this one all to myself. Yay. I firkin LOVE seafood. Miss Chaos is only in it for the prawns, and I swear she nicked half of them while they were still cooking.
Such is life.