I'm into the swing of eating mostly protein. And my bod's still getting used to the change. I may have overdone the "energy" portion of my fodder last night because, dangit, I needed a treat after the run-around I got in finally posting yesterday's instant.
It went a little something like this:
- Write story according to schedule
- Attempt to merge in picture
- 504 error apparently obliterates story
- P A N I C !
- Realise that story is potentially lost forever and I can't go back to where I was
- More cursing
- Apologise to small portion of my fanbase who actually cares about this sort of thing
- Rewrite story with as many of the original beats as I can recall
- In a file so huge that it creates its own lag
- Helplessly watch all your typos crawl onto the screen at four characters per second
- Write 500 words in novel for a breather [not kidding]
- Finish "instant" at snail's pace
- Get REAL tired in a literal sense
- Have a frustration nap
- Wake up in time for dinner
- Try my chances again and find out that the original story remains
- Choose between two versions
- Post both in separate arenas
- Eat a bunch of treats after dinner
I'm still salty about all this, by the way. Still feeling emotionally drained and frustrated by all of it and genuinely praying that I never go through any of it again.
I shall certainly be making sure I have an interim backup in my master file so that I can at least recover the work if it does happen again.
I might be paranoid, but I know that something is out to get me.