Attempt at closure. Result - huge fail :( T_T
Please don’t start drama with this. My sole goal was smiles. That kinda failed, too. I don’t want it to fail harder.
Story time for anyone who cares:
Once upon a time, I had the vague idea of sending bunnybennett some SPG-themed ear bling in black and red. I didn’t want there to be any mistakes so I sent her an ask about whether she was going to pierce her ears.
And the way she said ‘no‘… transformed me into this unholy fusion of mama hen, mama bear, and fairy godmother. The words she said are still etched into my heart. “I want to wear the earrings and be pretty… but I can’t.”
So I said, “Not on my watch!” and proceeded to spend all my spare cash on churning out every last style I could manage with my limited skills. For clip-ons. Some were simple transfers from hook to clip. Some were attempted works of art. [Some were probably ludicrous failures and I was prepared for that]
And then I sent them off by mail. In a tube that looked hella suspicious, possibly dangerous, and definitely suspect. Because of the weight of the contents, I had to bolt the supporting chain to one of the plastic caps.
Anything could have happened between Brisbane and SanDiego. Anything.
- The tube could have been blown up by the TSA
- The customs label could have come off and arrived without the tube
- The entire set-up I made could have fallen apart and the tube arrived sans contents
- Some postal worker could have just chucked it and marked it as delivered
- I could have got the address wrong and now it’s on a slow boat back, marked “Return to Sender”
- Someone else could have picked it up for Izzy and just… forgotten to pass it on
- And, if it beat all the odds and actually got there… the contents could have been deemed too extravagant and put carefully aside
- OR: What she actually meant was that all earrings hurt her and my honest gesture has been ultimately futile
I tried to ask. Email, PM on the engineer-ateer forum, and an ask by Tumblr. No reply.
I tried to ease my anxiety by ‘shopping one of my works onto a screencap from her vlog… but I only made myself cry.
All that’s left is this vent. And even that’s not helping. Sigh.
Some variety of “the end” would be nice. Can’t always get what we want.
The amount I feel this is too great. No one likes this retching ambiguous feeling in their tummy. I’m so sorry. I truly believe that it’ll surface sooner or later. Just give it time.
mailing something is always iffy, sometimes everything works out and other times not so much. i have had packages not get to me at all and some get to me with needle marks in it and footprints on it. sometimes it gets forgotten on a shelf by people who have a lot of things on their mind. or they don’t know what it is and didn’t want anyone to be hurt by what it might be…. they don’t know what it is so they do what they think is right :/ but yes, do give it some time.
I should have mentioned that I’ve already been waiting since January. According to auspost parcel tracking (which could be lying) the tube got to the band’s PO box just a few days before the 7th anniversary show.
The longer I wait, the more I tangle my brain up about what happened. I didn’t even think about the shelf :(