Shout out to Tumblr’s top artists and illustrators – enter our competition and you could see your very own original design for sale at ASOS.
Just hit the submit button on our page, check out the important admin bits herethen submit your best of the best.
And remember to keep checking back to have a look at the competition…
Entrepreneurial, you? Most def.
· Your artwork will be a placement print, in the centre of the tee.
· Please work to A3 portrait parameter, and the image resolution must be 300dpi.
· There is no limit on colour levels, world is your oyster there.
· It must be your own original artwork, no copycats ya hear?
HOW ABOUT YOU PAY AN ARTIST TO MAKE YOUR DESIGNS? YOU CAN AFFORD IT. DON’T COVER UP THE FACT THAT YOU’RE REALLY JUST LOOKING FOR FREE WORK FROM UNSUSPECTING YOUNG IMPRESSIONABLE ARTISTS.
“By submitting your design on the ASOS Tumblr page, you automatically assign all rights in your design to us and you give us and any of our associated suppliers a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence for a term of 3 years to use your image (including comments you submit in connection with any image) on product to sell on the ASOS website(s) and to display the design in any and all media (including, without limitation, on our social media channels, websites and tangible media) without accreditation or notification. If you would like us to remove the design after the end of the term of this licence, our duty to do so will be limited to those channels still reasonably under our control.”
AS CONTESTANTS DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? IT MEANS IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DON’T WIN THEY CAN STILL USE AND MAKE PROFIT OFF YOU. YOUR ART IS THEIRS AND THEY DON’T HAVE TO PAY YOU A CENT.
BECAUSE YOU AREN’T WORTH A PAYCHECK.
Say “NO” to contests like these. Take back your worth.
I went to read the tags hoping it all would be against the contest, but there’s still people considering doing it or asking artists and friends to do it. So I feel it’s still really important to share. Don’t do it!
I’m halfway tempted to enter a black-on-white all-text design that reads: No artists were paid in the making of this shirt.
Other tempting words to put in “entries”:
- I designed this shitty t-shirt and all I got was $0
- Designed by the starving. Made by the poor. Bought by the rich.
- Stolen art? No problem!
- Multimillion-dollar company pays artists zip [news at 11]
- Design: $0. Sweatshop labor: $0.02. Shirt sales price: $20.
- Starving Artist [small print: designed this shirt for $0 pay]
- Minimal cost. Maximum profit.
- FUCK ASOS
But I can’t be arsed opening Photoshop, so anyone wanting to shitstir can have my ideas for free.