Artsy Fartsy part 6!
What a difference a night of sleep makes! I had ideas, but executing them kind-of failed a little bit…
- I was ready to sign off on these as they were because it was late and I was tired and I was also about a million percent DONE
- But in the morning, I realised they needed some fixing. Fortunately, more black beads and some pins fixed that
- All I had to do was remove the pins already there
- And add them to the new pins
- The making of the obligatory funky set of earrings. I didn’t photograph them when they were finished. Sorry. They are SUPER long, and really heavy. Fortunately, my intended recipient has the ear structure that shouldn’t be too bothered. [Of you want to wear heavy clip-ons, be sure you don’t have pendulum earlobes, they will always hang wrong.
- And to unwind from that, I transferred these silver leaf skeletons from K-mart onto their new clips
- Sometimes idea happen after a lot of twiddling. I had an entire necklace I hadn’t disassembled yet and those beads were interesting
- Working out composition
- And the final product
- Variations on a theme
I still have a LOT of those blue shell pin things, but I don’t want to overwhelm her with blue. I need to find something nice and either red or pink. And cheap. The cheaper the jewelry, the easier it is to turn into pretty earrings.