Plague news: one hundred and eighty-six new cases, only two of those are imports. There's four hundred and forty-seven active cases, eighty of those are in hospital, and one of those is in the ICU. Australia's at 94% first vax, 90.8% fully vaxxed. Queensland's still tangled with WA for last place in the vax race at 90% first vax, 85% fully vaxxed.
We made a mistake in listening to everyone who wanted to pretend the plague was over. The sooner we ADMIT that, and re-enforce the safety measures, the better. We should have come down hard on the Knomiras and made certain everyone knew the science from the get-go.
The best time to start was then. The second-best time is now.
I have no other plns than to hunker and bunker today. Not going NEAR the zombie hordes if I can help it.
In the news:
- NSW to change plague rules now that Omicron is everywhere
- TV host lashes out at doctor for "ruining Christmas"
- Pfizer's new pill clears the FDA. Now we'll see how it acts on not-white-males
- Celebrity confesses to sleeping with students
- Why is there food insecurity in Australia? US-model capitalism and the right wing being dingbats, that's why
- US Army working on omnivax
- Super-rare dinosaur embryo confirms the theories
- Stupid TikTok challenges continue to kill
- Squid Game star may have anorexia
- Musk sells some Tesla shares. Is he going to end world hunger? Probably not
- Which stores are making staff work through the holidays?
- We're letting the Unvaxxed play tennis now
And now some GOOD news:
- Keeping active can reduce the risk of dementia
- They've invented a biodegradable battery
- Cities with snow are using sugar beets instead of salt to grit the roads
- Self-compassion is great for your heart
Story and hunkering ho.