NEW VIDEO RELEASED OF MENTALLY ILL MAN TASED TO DEATH IN POLICE CUSTODY FOR “SAGGING PANTS”
On November 26, 2013, 38 year old Ervin Edwards, partially deaf and mentally ill, was arrested by police for sagging his pants and taken to the West Baton Rouge Parish jail in Louisiana. He only lived for a few more minutes inside of the cell.
For 18 months, police have lied over and over again about what happened the night Ervin Edwards died in their custody. Now that a video of their despicable actions has been released, ( Warning very tough to watch ) it’s clear they murdered this man and left him to die all alone in his jail cell.
Here are the 5 things you need to know:
- The Video Shows an Officer Held a Taser on Him for 1 Minute, Contradicting Earlier Claims
- Edwards Was Left Alone & Unresponsive in the Cell for 10 Minutes Before He Was Given Medical Aid
- An Internal Review Found No criminal wrongdoing by the Officers
- His Girlfriend Told Officers He Had Health Issues That Could Make the Use of a Taser Fatal
- A Corrections Expert Said the Video is ‘One of the Worst Things I’ve Seen’