The good news is that I didn't bounce back out of Ketosis, nor did I gain more than I've lost. I'm still in the 84-kilo zone. Just... a little higher up in there.
Our cheese-cup-cakes were an immense success. The strawberry ones were way more delicious than the original flavour. I think we're going to go Genuine Fruit Flavour each time we make these things in future.
So, of course, I have to share the recipe.
Cheesecake the Easy Way
- Electric mixer and bowl (trust me!)
- Storage containers for cheesecake(s) [We used muffin trays and paper liners]
- Large icing piping bag and tube (Also trust me)
- Blending wand if you're using real fruit, or any other blending device
- Best bowl-scraper you can obtain (really trust me)
- Sturdy spoon
- Handy, refrigerator-like cooling apparatus
Ingredients(can be doubled)
- 250g Mascarpone
- 250g Double cream (If you're using real fruit, reduce this amount by 3-4 tbsp, or add more Marscapone)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (or equivalent) sweetener of choice [We used powdered Stevia]
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or cinnamon. OR:
- 3-4 tbsp of blended fruit
- Grated dark chocolate to taste
- Blitz your fruit with the blender
- Chuck everything you're using into your mixer bowl
- Mix thoroughly [If it's too stiff, add more cream or fruit(if you're using fruit) and if it's too liquid, add more Mascarpone] until you have smooth, stiff peaks
- If you're making cheese-cup-cakes, spoon the mix into your piping bag and pipe artistically into your containers
- Otherwise fill your chosen container however you whist
- Sprinkle liberally with grated chocolate
- Allow to chill or eat immediately.
The original recipe (it's on an app and I don't know how to reference that) insists that 500g of cheesecake is one serving. I couldn't make it that far despite my best efforts, but you're welcome to try it if you want.
It's such an immense success that even sugar-addicts will love it.
And in other news, I am urged to share my writing with a new social media platform called Steemit which may also earn me a spot of cash, by and by. I'm currently padding my post count by re-posting ancient stories from the days of yore.
I may even add a selfie, but I have to figure out how to obscure any gender indicators.