I wanted to make a post about Leelah Alcorn but I lack the requisite words to describe how I feel. But this is exactly what it should be like. Leelah’s death is a heartbreaking tragedy and it should leave everyone speechless. That being said, however, we cannot simply sit back and mourn her by reblogging text posts and saying how messed up this is. In her note, she said that she wanted her death to mean something. So please, help her rest in peace by helping all you can and adding resources you find below. We can make a change. You matter.
- LGBT Helpline
- Transgender Help
- List of LGBT Helplines
- Gender Identity Support Line
- Gender Reassignment Helplines
- Scarleteen - LGBT Teen Helpline
- LGBT National Help Center
- PFLAG Community
- Resources for people with Transgender family members
- Transgender Support Site
- Pathways - Transgender Support Group
- IAmTransgendered! - Support Group
- More transgender Support Groups
- Transgender Support Worldwide (Facebook Page)
- TransYouth Family Allies - For Parents
- The Trevor Project
Reblogging to prove to Leelah’s asshat of a mother that it will be FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE to erase her daughter from the internet.
Go ahead. Sue the entire internet. Sue me. I will call you out in fucking court for causing your daughter’s death. You scumfuck.