Can you please...?
I understand that some people are new to this and don't know how it all works. It goes a little something like this:
- You write a post
- I read the post
- I use the post as fuel for a flash fiction.
Not much to fret about, right?
I really prefer it when the prompt is in the content of the prompt thread, and not the title.
So can you all please make sure the prompt is not the title? It makes all things way easier for me.
Likewise, it's preferable to have one post per prompt. Do not reply to a post with another prompt, please.
Also... you don't need to tell me to have fun with a prompt. I always have fun. Telling me is just superfluous.
It's been a while, and thanks to some... skeevier prompts and the wording therein, I have to update with...
Can You Please Refrain From:
- posts with homophobic, transphobic, or xenophobic content. I believe in IDIC whilst it causes no harm. Please indulge in that philosophy
- likewise prompts about insanity that paint the mentally disabled as the ones who are the hazards in society [Pax Humanis is technically exempt, but they are still permitted to exist with rights and responsibilities... just under careful supervision]. Speaking as a member of the mentally disabled, I find it offensive that you'd think I'd fly off the handle and threaten your life.
- anything that endorses or implies endorsement of pedophillia. Whatever reason you have to think it's 'natural' is not on my Nice List. Turn yourself in, thanks. Even IDIC has its limits and those limits include the harm pedophilia causes its child victims.
- there is a recognised difference between people who choose not to change and those who are incapable of change. I prefer to help the latter and go -metaphorically- for the throats of the former. Keep that in mind.
This list may extend as I find new limits of skeev or squick. Please check regularly.